How and why do we collect your personal information?
We may collect personal information about you, which may include:
- contact details;
- date of birth;
- demographic information;
- occupation or job title.
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities and functions.
The information that we collect will vary depending on the nature of our interaction with you. For example, you may:
- submit your personal information to us when you enter a competition;
- submit a contact form via one of our websites;
- place an order with us;
- share your personal information during a visit from one of our sales representatives;
- participate in market research relating to our products; or
- apply for employment with iNova.
It is our usual practice to collect personal information directly from you. However, we may also obtain personal information from commercially available contact lists or publicly available sources where we are satisfied that you have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in that way.
We will generally only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, which may include:
- to provide you with goods or services requested by you;
- to enter you in competitions and notify you of the results;
- to send you job notices;
- to maintain records of enquiries, complaints and adverse event reports relating to our products;
- to provide you with secure access to our websites;
- to send you information about iNova’s products or therapeutic areas that may be of interest to you;
- to supply you with samples of iNova products;
- to administer conferences, symposia, expert panels, seminars or other meetings or events;
- to schedule appointments between you and one of our sales representatives;
- to report information as required under the Medicines Australia Code of Conduct or any medicines legislation/regulation that may apply in your country of residence;
- to process payments and carry out other business functions;
- to investigate complaints;
to comply with any law.
If we cannot collect your personal information then we may not be able to provide you with information, goods or services that you have requested.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with companies within the iNova group, third parties engaged by us, or our business partners, to assist us to provide information, goods or services to you. Such third parties or business partners may include:
- distributors of our products;
- event or competition organisers and travel agents;
- logistics providers;
- hosting, data storage or archiving service providers, payment processing and debt collection services;
- professional advisors;
- marketing, research and advertising agencies; and
- mailing houses
We may share and transfer your personal information in connection with the sale of all or part of our business.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to the police, or relevant authority or enforcement body, in connection with any investigation; or
- as otherwise required or permitted by local privacy laws.
Direct Marketing Materials
We may send you marketing communications about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS or email, in accordance with applicable laws.
If you receive communications from us that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for opting out will typically be included somewhere on the communication. You can also opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Adverse event reports
iNova has a formal process in place to collect, store and process adverse event reports relating to iNova products. Adverse event information may be reported to health authorities anywhere in the world, in accordance with local and international regulatory requirements. We may also use that information to contact you in relation to a report.
If you apply for employment at iNova, we will collect personal information from you such as resumes, references, certificates, etc. This personal information may be shared with any recruitment agency assisting us with the recruitment process.
If your application is not suitable to our current requirements, but we feel that there may be a position in the future for you with us, we will a keep a record of your application and may contact you again if a suitable position becomes available.
Data transfer abroad
Some organisations that we use to store and manage your personal information, or that we disclose your personal information to, may be located in a country or countries outside your own country. Those countries may include Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Thailand, The Philippines, and South Africa. We may also use cloud-based service providers who use assets located in other countries to manage our data.
We will not disclose your personal information to an overseas recipient without taking reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient will not breach local privacy legislation.
You acknowledge and agree that we are free to use and publish any information that you provide to us or post on our websites (on a non-confidential basis).
Our websites use “cookie” technology to obtain non-personal information from online visitors, and also to provide registered visitors with the best possible personalised online experience.
If you don’t want cookies, you can set your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent and to turn off all cookies through your browser.
Third party websites
Websites that we operate may contain links to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the content or policies of websites operated by third parties.
We maintain physical, technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information against misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We also use every effort to ensure that third parties who work with us also protect your personal information.
Where we no longer require the personal information for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to delete the information and or ensure it is de-identified (as reasonable in the circumstances).
Accessing and correcting your information
If you would like to gain access to personal information that we hold about you, and/or seek correction or deletion of such information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this Policy
We may modify this Policy at any time and all modifications will be effective immediately upon our posting of the modifications on this site.
How to contact us
If you have any queries or complaints regarding this Policy, or if you wish to obtain contact details for your local privacy regulator to lodge a complaint, please contact: email@example.com
Last updated: April 2021